Welcome New and Returning Patients!
Below are the list of what to do and find other helpful information about your appointment.
Prior to your schedule
- Please confirm with your health insurance carrier that your insurance is active.
On your your first appointment
- Please fill out the complete Patient form. You may download the form via link below. If you can, please fax it 2-5 days prior to your visit in order to give us time to transfer your information into our system and allow us to review your chart prior to your visit. You may fax the form to fax number 888-880-1168.
- Make sure to bring a complete list of all of your medications and their doses so that we may accurately record them in our chart.
- If you have had blood work drawn in the last 6 months, please bring a copy to your 1st visit, or arrange a copy to be faxed to our office. You may also include other previous laboratory results.
- Kindly arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment so we can register you and start your visit on time.
For your follow up appointment
- Bring your Insurance Card
- Electronic referral if your plans requires you to have a referral
- Please make sure to have your labs done one week prior to your follow-up appointment if Labs have been requested by your provider
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. If you have not able to set a prior appointment we can still attend to you on first come first serve basis. however, with prior appointment will be our priority.
- All non-urgent messages will be answered within 48 hrs.
- Appointment requests can be made by calling our clinic or by requesting appointment through website. Please note this does not confirm your appointment until respond to confirmation via call.
- Please note, you do not need to wait until your last dose of medication to request the renewal of your prescription.
- In case of medical emergency please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. Other non-urgent medical issues should be communicated to Dr. Suzi Kochar through clinic number. If you are not able to reach us directly, please leave a voicemail for the appropriate staff member.